Former Raiders QB Derek Carr appeared on Monday to confirm reports about where he’s headed for his next NFL home when he tweeted a familiar saying related to the Saints football team.
The 31-year-old star QB took to Twitter and tweeted to his hundreds of thousands of followers a very brief message that read simply, “Who dat [saints emoji].” The saying is often tossed about among fans of the New Orleans team.
The post has since gone viral with more than 6.3 million views and counting.
Who dat ⚜️ pic.twitter.com/DIY8gBGuGu
— Derek Carr (@derekcarrqb) March 6, 2023
The former Las Vegas star and now free-agent QB post comes following reports that he’s headed to the Saints team with a four-year contract, USA Today reported.
Shortly after publication, the Saints tweeted that Carr was officially part of the New Orleans team.
Got our guy.
The New Orleans #Saints have agreed to terms with QB Derek Carr! pic.twitter.com/F9Au1Uc59F
— New Orleans Saints (@Saints) March 6, 2023
“Got our guy,” the tweet read. “The New Orleans #Saints have agreed to terms with QB Derek Carr!”
The Saints have yet to announce details of the deal with Carr that is reportedly worth up to $150 million and includes $100 million in total guarantees, ProFootball Talk noted.
In the offseason, the ex-Raiders player met with three teams, the Saints, Carolina Panthers and the New York Jets.
Carr’s story with the Raiders came to an end after he was benched in December for the remainder of the 2022 NFL season by head coach Josh McDaniels. At the time, the team stood at 6-9 and was still ostensibly in the playoff hunt, as previously reported. McDaniels announced that Jarrett Stidham would get the start instead, the Guardian noted.
The Raiders acquired Stidham from the New England Patriots in an off-season trade. McDaniels previously was the Patriots’ offensive coordinator. Stidham got the start against the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs and the team lost both games and their chance of getting into the playoffs.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE DAILY WIRE APP
In January, the QB wrote a message on Instagram saying goodbye after 9 seasons with the Las Vegas team and shared in his farewell that he had given them all he had “every single day” no matter whether it was off-season or not. The former Vegas QB said all he ever wanted to be was a Raider and that he still has that “fire” burning inside him to win a championship no matter where that might be.
Carr had been the Raiders’ starting QB since 2014 and had only missed three games in nine seasons due to injury. Last offseason, Carr signed a three-year, $121.5 million contract extension, ESPN noted.
Related: ‘Faith Was Number One’: Raiders QB Says He Wasn’t Allowed To Skip Church For Games