Radio Host, 55, Dies Suddenly While Doing Morning Show

Radio Host, 55, Dies Suddenly While Doing Morning Show

A popular British radio presenter died in the middle of doing the morning show.

Tim Gough, 55, experienced a medical emergency while on the air. He was doing the GenX Radio Suffolk radio show when he sustained a “suspected heart attack,” a press release says.

Gough was pronounced dead at his home just before 8 a.m. local time, per the report.

“Tim was doing what he loved” when he died, the station shared of its colleague. “The entire GenX Radio family are shocked and devastated beyond words.”

“Tim was a hugely experienced and highly talented broadcaster with an army of fans for his daily show,” the statement from GenX Radio Suffolk continued. “He is a very sad loss to radio and the county of Suffolk.”

Gough began his radio career at Radio Orwell in 1986. He had been working at GenX Radio Suffolk for more than three decades. 

“Tim has been on the radio since the 80s and had come out of radio retirement to fully involve himself in our project from the beginning, to bring local commercial radio back to his beloved Suffolk and was hugely excited for our DAB launch at the end of the month,” James Hazell, Managing Director of GenX Radio Suffolk shared. 

“To know Tim personally, as I did very closely for over 30 years, was to know a warm, caring, fun guy who myself and my family loved dearly. We are heart broken by the news. I know his family are enormously comforted by the hundreds of loving messages that have been received and have asked for privacy at this devastating time.” 

The press release noted that Gough is survived by his mother, brother, sister, and son. 

The broadcaster’s death comes just weeks after 41-year-old recording artist Mikaben died on stage during a performance in France. He walked across the stage, suddenly collapsed, and died. His death was also suspected to be the result of sudden cardiac arrest, as The Daily Wire previously reported.

Around the same time, 17-year-old Daniel Moshi died suddenly after collapsing on stage at an all-state choir event. He was performing at the All-State Honors Show Choir for the Illinois American Choral Directors Association at Naperville North High School when he suddenly collapsed and was later pronounced dead. Moshi’s family said the teen had not been feeling well but were shocked at what happened.