Ricky Martin’s Nephew Withdraws Incest Claims Against Singer; Martin Releases Statement

Ricky Martin’s Nephew Withdraws Incest Claims Against Singer; Martin Releases Statement

Ricky Martin’s nephew on Thursday withdrew very serious incest and harassment claims against his uncle.

Reports circulated this month that Martin faced up to 50 years behind bars if the accusations were proven true. The “Livin’ La Vida Loca” singer has vehemently denied the allegations.

“Just as we had anticipated, the temporary protection order was not extended by the Court,” said a joint statement from Martin’s attorneys Joaquín Monserrate-Matienzo, Carmelo Dávila, and Harry Massanet Pastrana.

“The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser confirmed he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter,” the attorney said. “The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case.”

“This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to substantiate them,” Martin’s legal team asserted. “We are glad that our client saw justice done and can now move forward with his life and his career.”

The unnamed 21-year-old claimed he had an affair with his uncle earlier this year, and when it ended, Martin stalked him on “at least three” occasions, the Los Angeles Times reported. The accuser said he “feared for his safety” and a Puerto Rican judge issued a temporary restraining order against the singer earlier this month.

In both English and Spanish, Martin defended himself online before his nephew withdrew the claims.

“The protection order entered against me is based on completely false allegations, so I will respond through the judicial process with the facts and the dignity that characterize me,” he said via social media in early July. “Because it is an ongoing legal matter, I cannot make detailed statements at this time. I am grateful for the countless messages of solidarity, and I receive them with all my heart.”

pic.twitter.com/iAznFleEAK

— Ricky Martin (@ricky_martin) July 4, 2022

Related: Ricky Martin Faces Up To 50 Years In Prison Over ‘Incest’ Allegations: Reports

America