‘Wouldn’t Wish This Upon Anybody’: Ricky Martin Breaks Silence On ‘Nonsense’ Incest Allegations From His Nephew

‘Wouldn’t Wish This Upon Anybody’: Ricky Martin Breaks Silence On ‘Nonsense’ Incest Allegations From His Nephew

Singer Ricky Martin is breaking his silence over the shocking allegations of sexual assault and incest his nephew made against him, which were dismissed as of Thursday.

The 50-year-old celebrity said in a video update that he wasn’t allowed to comment on the case while it was ongoing, but now he’s opening up about the “painful” and “devastating” experience. 

“For two weeks, I was not allowed to defend myself because I was following a procedure where the law obligated me not to talk until I was in front of the judge,” Martin said in a video obtained by TMZ. He now says the allegations have been “proven to be false,” so now he wants to tell the “truth” about what really happened.

“It has been so painful. It has been devastating for me, for my family, for my friends, and I wouldn’t wish this upon anybody,” Martin said in the update.

“To the person that was claiming this nonsense, I wish him the best and I wish he finds the help so he can start a new life filled with love and truth and joy, and he doesn’t hurt anybody else.” 

The “Livin’ La Vida Loca” singer said he’s eager to get back to performing and put this incident behind him. “I cannot wait to be back onstage,” he said. “I cannot wait to be back in front of cameras and entertain, which is what I do best.”

Finally, Martin thanked fans for standing by him all along.

“You have no idea the strength that you gave me,” he concluded. “Every comment you wrote on social media. I wish you love and light — and here we come with the same strength and passion. God bless you all.”

Martin is scheduled to perform this weekend with the Los Angeles Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl.

As The Daily Wire originally reported, the singer was accused by his unnamed 21-year-old nephew of engaging in an affair with him earlier this year. The accuser alleged that when the relationship ended, Martin stalked him on “at least three” occasions. Martin faced up to 50 years behind bars if the accusations were proven true. 

“Just as we had anticipated, the temporary protection order was not extended by the Court,” a joint statement from Martin’s attorneys Joaquín Monserrate-Matienzo, Carmelo Dávila, and Harry Massanet Pastrana read. 

“The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser confirmed he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter,” it continued. “The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case.”

America